From Mango Sticky Rice to Pulut Inti (glutinous rice with sweet coconut topping), Nasi Kunyit, Sticky Rice Cakes, Kuih Muih and much more, glutinous rice is a key ingredient in many traditional Asian local dishes and desserts. Glutinous rice is also known as “sticky rice” or “waxy rice” for its glue-like texture, but in no way does that mean it contains gluten.
Our MEWAH Glutinous Rice is a premium white and fully opaque milled grain type, specially sourced from one of the best rice crop producers in Thailand. Here are some great benefits of including MEWAH Glutinous Rice in your favourite meals:
- Imported Thai’s Premium-Grade Glutinous rice
- Essentially cholesterol free and low in fat
- Gluten-free with rich minerals such as Sodium and Iron
- Daily Source of Fiber, Protein and Carbohydrates
- Cooked glutinous rice has a smooth, sticky and chewy texture with a faint of special aroma
- Suitable for Vegan and Vegetarians
- Ideal for Lemang, dumplings, desserts and other local delicacies
Recommendation: Please keep rice in the refrigerator to preserve its freshness
1. Pour 2 cups of rice into inner pot and rinse the rice.
2. Add 2 cups of water for 2 cups of rice.
3. Add 1 tea spoon of salt (optional).
4. Place the rice into the rice cooker and switch it on.
5. Do not lift the cover or stir while the rice is still cooking.
6. Once cooked, fluff the rice with a fork, then serve.
- Certified Halal by JAKIM Malaysia
- Superbrands Malaysia 2018 and 2019
- The World’s Best Brand 2020
- TOP Excellence Brand 2019, 2020 and 2021
- No Additives, No Preservatives and No Artificial Colouring